Recognising Industry of Cumbria
- A new project for New Arts North.
- Connected to the 'fabric of identity' strand, this work will chart the warp that threads its way through Cumbrian identity.
- Industry as defined as 'hard work', encompassing domestic, wartime, and children's jobs, as well as more conventional activity such as manufacturing and mining.
- Site specific - all industry, from all time, above 200m.
- This will involve an artist-in-residence period at a primary school, so that the research is collaborative and rooted in community.
- Works made will be circulated through a new start-up business promoting a model of sustainable living for Young Emerging Artists living in the north of the country.